- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Data Intelligence
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: numina.co
- Company Address: 370 Jay St., 7th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
About NuminaNumina delivers real-time insights from streets to make cities more responsive. Our standalone sensing and data platform uses computer vision to measure how people and objects move in streets and public spaces. Numina is purpose-built to empower urban planners and municipal DoTs with better data to design more walkable, bikeable, and efficient places. Simultaneously, Numina provides this intelligence to the private sector as the data backbone for urban automation.
Hours: part-time or full-time, up to 960 hours total
Date(s): Start immediately, minimum commitment of 16 weeks
Compensation: $17.00 to $28.00 per hour
Eligible Interns: Must qualify for the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship program. i.e.: Currently attending or have attended a degree or certificate program at a college or university located in New York State within the last 12 months as of the date of the intern application and New York State residents attending or who have attended a college or university outside of New York State within the last 12 month as of the date of the intern application. New York State residency, with proof of residency such as rental agreement or utility bills, must have been established prior to the start of the internship. (Additional location requirement listed below.)
Location: Remote, and you must live in System Benefits Charge (SBC)/Clean Energy Fund (CEF) territory during the internship period. This territory is defined as areas with electric service provided by Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corp., Consolidated Edison Company of NY, Inc., NYS Electric and Gas Corporation, National Grid, Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., and Rochester Gas and Electric.
Numina‘s mission is to make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them. We make a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Tell stories with data, which inspire action from stakeholders in Numina projects.
- Identify and prioritize: audiences, channels for reaching them, and the formats or media to enhance data legibility and usability for them.
- Data collection, analysis, visualization, and reporting through software and publication tools aligned with the user needs identified above.
- Manage content creation, from draft to publication, in formats and platforms such as PDF, Medium, WordPress, and others that you identify.
- Design and execute on inbound marketing and community outreach strategies, especially as related to: the company blog(s), social media, press, and other public-facing opportunities.
- Compile reporting deliverables for customer projects, and contribute ideas to product strategy.
- Support leadership in meetings with partners, project stakeholders, potential and current customers, and the public.
- Help prepare background research, presentation materials, and other documents to facilitate efficient and effective meetings.
- Document key takeaways, and support the creation and distribution of any follow-up materials.
- Equip Numina’s team with important local context on projects.
- Researching political, social, and regulatory conditions.
- Mapping partner ecosystems.
- Propose strategies to engage local partners.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a listener who seeks to understand complex problems and inform thoughtful solutions to them. You care about cities, transportation access, bicycling, and/or vibrant neighborhoods. Like us, you value creativity, curiosity, and intellectual honesty. Your desire to have a huge impact motivates you to join a small, incredibly productive team and do extraordinary things. You have the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to interpret, validate, and manipulate datasets, including identifying and troubleshooting potential error and accuracy issues
- Clear communication style and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Research skills, including quantitative, qualitative, and user-based
- Proficiency in the software and platforms necessary to collect, analyze, visualize, publish, and share data and work product, as described in the “What you will do here” section
- A professional, flexible, curious, go-getter attitude
- Ability to self-manage and respond productively to feedback
- Understanding of how efforts and deliverables drive business value
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team. We encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and others from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.