- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Consumer & Hardware
- Post Date: 12/01/2022
- Website: www.imperfectfoods.com
- Company Address: Bayview, San Francisco, CA 94124, US
About Imperfect FoodsImperfect Foods (formerly Imperfect Produce) is a start-up company selling wonky-looking produce, such as fruits and vegetables, at reduced prices through its online store. The company's mission is to reduce food waste and increase farmers' income. It buys misshapen fruit and vegetables with cosmetic defects from farmers and delivers it to homes and offices.
Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we're on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:
At Imperfect, our Warehouse Teams are the backbone of our business. We have a variety of fast-paced positions available with one common goal: to get high-quality accurate grocery orders to our customers. We offer excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. If you're a dedicated team member with strong attention to detail and are passionate about reducing food waste, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Select orders for customers, paying attention to order accuracy, count, and quality
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse environment
- Perform various warehouse activities as well as receive, input, sort, load, and unload products
- Keen attention to detail is a must, as you will be inspecting products for defects and reporting damages as needed
- Organize stock, maintain inventory, and process, pack, and label orders
- Please note, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time at your Manager’s discretion.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic produce knowledge
- Ability to stay focused and work efficiently both alone and as part of a team
- Familiarity with the warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work standing for the full shift
- Comfortable working in a cold environment (34°F)
- Packing or assembly line experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Produce-handling experience
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Bonus points: Food safety certification or forklift certification
Details of the Position:
- $18.50 an hour, plus potential for overtime
- Quarterly bonus- up to $500
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Paid vacation/sick time, Parental leave, and 8 paid holidays
- $1,300 a year in free groceries
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).