- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Consumer & Hardware
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: zwift.com
- Company Address: 111 West Ocean Boulevard Suite 1800, Long Beach, CA 90802 United States
About ZwiftZwift is the app that makes indoor training fun. Connecting cyclists and runners around the world, Zwift mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a community that motivates you at every mile. You'll get faster and stronger and have a blast doing it.
Zwift is looking for an innovative, experienced and mindful manager to build and lead the data science team. The focus of this role is on proactively seeing opportunities to improve our products, services, marketing and customer experience, partnering with multi-functional teams from across the organization to develop and iterate on innovative solutions and products, and building the capabilities and platform to enable rapid deployment of these new capabilities.
The company is at a pivotal moment in its development with exciting strategic plans, continuing rapid growth and offers the chance for a motivated and forward-thinking leader to have high impact and help shape the future of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of applying sophisticated statistical and machine learning techniques to solving exciting business problems across a broad range of business functions. If you are a genius at balancing deep technical wizardry with the ability to deliver practical applications in a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Establish the vision and roadmap for the data science team, prioritize the most impactful analyses, and guide team members in solving ambiguous and complex problems
- Translate business objectives into data and analytics solutions and, translate results into business insights using appropriate data engineering and data science applications
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product and Marketing leaders to develop innovative analytics solutions and products
- Provide thought leadership and hands-on expertise in advanced analytics applications to business problems across the spectrum, including: data mining, forecasting, target setting, retention / churn prediction, LTV, segmentation, experimentation, marketing effectiveness, auto-categorization, personalization and recommendations
- Partner with Data Engineering to build a platform for the development, testing, productization, deployment and monitoring of ML models
- Hire and develop a growing team of data scientists
What you'll have:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics, Math, Statistics, Information Sciences, or other quantitative fields
- 12+ years of experience in analytics or data science teams, with 5+ years of industry experience building data science driven solutions to solve business problems and managing data science teams
- Proven experience with: machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, attribution, and econometric modeling
- Fluent in SQL and Python or R
- Expertise in synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
- Experience building and leading Experimentation best practices and capabilities across multiple platforms / products and customer touch points
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons and/or experienced Zwifter
- Passion for video games
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.