- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cybersecurity
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.private-ai.com
- Company Address: , Toronto ON, Canada
About Private AIPrivate AI provides cutting edge technology that are the best in the world at finding, redacting, and generating synthetic PII within semi- and unstructured datasets. We support 49+ languages across 50+ different entity types, and deploy within our partners' existing infrastructure so that their data never leaves their environment and is never shared with us. Ever.
Private AI is a Toronto-based startup backed by top investors in New York, Seattle, and San Francisco. Private AI has created a range of industry-leading AI solutions that make it safe to share and analyze datasets without compromising user privacy. Our cutting edge models enable developers to easily detect, redact, or pseudonymize unstructured data within their existing workflows (on-premise, public/private cloud, mobile, web). Private AI is led by a team of experts in privacy-preserving machine learning and natural language processing, driven by the goal of making privacy accessible to developers.
- Building and maintaining core features of the Private AI application
- Improve existing back-end elements, such as our authentication & billing system
- Maintaining a scalable developer workflow, such as our CI/CD pipeline as well as integration with our data tools
- Product integrations with various customer platforms
You will work alongside our Machine Learning Engineers to:
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models running in our cloud infrastructure and deployed in our customers’ environments
- Maintain and improve on integration with ML tools
- Validate ML engineering assumptions and solve complex problems to bring value to customers and stakeholders
There will be significant room for advancement within the next 12 months, as we’re a rapidly scaling company.
Why this job is awesome
- We’re growing rapidly: Revenue is up 6X this year and 80% in the last 2 months. Our customer base includes several large enterprises.
- Nothing is on fire: Our product is successfully in production with multiple customers.
- Great work-life balance: Whilst we’re a startup and overtime will be required sometimes, we heavily value work life balance and usually stick to regular hours. This is not a 60 hour per week job.
- Great opportunity to get some exposure to the latest in Machine Learning.
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor as we grow and be a core member of the team.
- Opportunity to travel (if desired) and to work remotely.
- We’re affiliated with the University of Toronto, and you’ll get to work with some of the best & brightest minds in the field. One of our founders was part of the team that first brought Deep Learning to speech recognition in 2009. Another was responsible for some of the first Neural Networks to be implemented in assisted driving applications.
- This position is compensated competitively and comes with equity.
- Experience building REST APIs, with frameworks such as FastAPI or Django
- Experience with Python and code optimization
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Azure, AWS
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in backend development
- MLOps Experience
- Experience with multithreaded applications
- Experience with Kubernetes