- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: SaaS
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: sendbird.com
- Company Address: 400 1st Ave, San Mateo, CA, 94401
About SendBirdSendbird believes conversations are at the heart of building relationships and getting things done. As such, we built the world's most proven conversations platform for mobile apps across chat, voice, and video. Industry leaders like Reddit, DoorDash, and Hinge use Sendbird to drive increased transactions & loyalty for hundreds of millions of users every month.
Data Platform team is a team that focuses on providing the platforms needed to ingest meaningful data from different teams, analyze data, and build metrics and dashboards from them. Data Platform focuses on providing the right data for Sendbird to make business decisions and for Sendbird's business customers to understand and analyze their usage of our products.
- Design distributed, high-volume ETL data pipelines that power Sendbird analytics and products
- Support data warehousing of a variety of different datasets at scale
- Build production services using open-source technologies such as Airflow, Spark, AWS cloud infrastructure such as EKS, Lambda, Aurora, S3, Athena, and also GCP services such as BigQuery, Dataflow
- Develop data processing platform and tools for data collection, discovery, and analytics in Python, Java, Scala and define workflows and processes in testing, validation, monitoring and so forth
- Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for data related product initiatives
Who you are
- Working knowledge of distributed processing, highly scalable data stores, and developing and maintaining a large variety of datasets
- 5+ years of work experience in data engineering and/or building ETL pipelines in production
- Work experience in AWS and/or GCP data pipeline ecosystem
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Strong analytic skills related to data models and conducting SQL
- Ability to find the optimal solution given resource constraints
- Understand the need and enhance data quality and reliability
- Familiar with Airflow, Spark and Hadoop
- Understanding of RDBMS, NoSQL and distributed databases
- English proficiency for business collaboration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in project leading with junior engineers
Founded in 2015, Sendbird is the leading user engagement platform trusted by modern digital apps like DoorDash, Reddit, Yahoo, and Match Group and Global 500 companies such as UnitedHealth, DHL, LG, and Virgin Mobile. We allow any app or website to quickly and easily embed rich, real-time chat, voice, and video experiences to create connections with users and between users. This could be connecting drivers and consumers in a timely fashion to reduce cancellations for a delivery app, helping buyers get their questions answered from sellers to increase transactions in a digital marketplace, or increasing engagement between users in an online community. The platform has over 230M MAUs from over 50 countries operating in industries ranging from marketplaces, ride-sharing, and online communities to gaming, live video streaming, and healthcare.
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.