- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: SaaS
- Post Date: 09/17/2023
- Website: highspot.com
- Company Address: 2211 Elliott Ave, Seattle, WA, 98121
About HighspotHighspot helps companies worldwide improve the performance of their sales teams by turning strategic initiatives into business outcomes.
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and scale our mobile engineering team of 6 engineers in Hyderabad. The app is a mix of Flutter and webviews. We target the iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac platforms. The app supports search and use of documents and media on the Highspot platform, training courses, and pitches (a collection of content for a particular buyer). Offline is a key use case.
Our ideal candidate has recent experience as a manager and past experience as a mobile engineer; someone comfortable designing systems and delivering complex features in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with good technical architecture skills who can be a bar-raiser for engineering quality. The candidate should be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers; loves building / scaling a team; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture; is self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team. Enforce accountability through relevant and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching.
- Consistently and rapidly deliver a product with world-class product quality, security, and reliability. Oversee project inceptions, resourcing, estimation, status reporting, and risk management.
- Bring your technical expertise to the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of our growth; position Devices for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers. Ensure that technical quality stays high by overseeing design review, code review, automated test development, observability, and other non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with key partners including the US-based Core Experience team and Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs in India and the US. Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team with all stakeholders. Devices provides the gateway to the functionality of 20 other Highspot teams.
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place.
- 2+ years experience managing software engineering teams that have built highly performant mobile applications for iOS and/or Android.
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS and/or Android apps.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals.
- Able to attract and retain engineering talent from diverse backgrounds. Strong people skills and emotional intelligence.
- Solid project management skills. Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations.
- Good sense of system architecture (mobile, API, backend storage).
- Strong technical experience in developing native iOS and/or Android apps.
- Experience building apps that work reliably across various software versions and a variety of hardware and screen sizes.
- Strong understanding of UI design principles, patterns, and best practices for phones and tablets, including general principles plus best practices specific to the iOS/Mac, Android, and Windows ecosystems.
- Understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications; previous experience designing and building software products at scale.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.