- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: SaaS
- Post Date: 09/17/2023
- Website: highspot.com
- Company Address: 2211 Elliott Ave, Seattle, WA, 98121
About HighspotHighspot helps companies worldwide improve the performance of their sales teams by turning strategic initiatives into business outcomes.
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
As a Software Engineering Manager at Highspot, you will inspire, lead, and grow a team of creative and talented core engineers within the Training & Coaching product. You’ll support the engineers on your team in building software with a spark of magic. You’ll bring your technical expertise and proven people management skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, team operations, team norms, and engineering culture. You’ll also be a key decision-maker within your product area.
Our ideal candidate should have strong technical skills as an engineer; understands how to build high-quality customer-facing software; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; loves building / scaling a team; is values-driven and cares deeply about culture self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of engineers, inspiring and motivating your team to do their best work. As we continue building our Platform, this will include regularly jumping in to help with coding and design.
- Bring your technical expertise to the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure that our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position your product area (and support adjacent product areas) for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Consistently deliver a product that maximizes product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Collaborate with key partners in your product area, including Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs. Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team with all stakeholders
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team. Enforce accountability through relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to diversity
- Create a collaborative environment where all levels of engineers can contribute in meaningful ways
- Partner with the Services team to understand what drives customer joy in your product area and ensure your team works to address customer concerns in a timely manner
- Partner with Product team leadership, the Architects team, and the CISO team to design and implement proactive security postures for customer- and internal-facing systems
- Advocate for the tools, process, and resources the core dev team needs to enable their ongoing success and unlock their ability to innovate
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team
- Ensure architects, stakeholders, and SMEs are appropriately involved in decisions
- Ensure decisions are communicated effectively within and outside of your team
- Enforce accountability through relevant, and objective performance targets and timely feedback and coaching
- At least 3+ years experience managing software engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and frameworks
- Interest in attracting and retaining engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Experience with greenfield development and successfully taking a new product from conception to launch
- Understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications and previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Experience building and maintaining 1st and 3rd party integrations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Working knowledge of modern object-oriented and functional programming languages
- Experience building software in a dynamic language such as Ruby or Python.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.